Friday, November 30, 2012

Dino Lingo - Learning Languages for Kids

I was asked by Influenster to watch a few videos of the new language learning program for kids, "Dino Lingo," and I really enjoyed what I saw.

Dino Lingo from what I watched follows two little dinosaurs that go on an adventure and learn about different animals, colors and numbers. The graphics are very kid friendly, bright and colorful which I believe will really capture the kids attention.  There is a lot of upbeat music as well.

When the two dinos are on their adventure, they will come across animals and they say what the animal is, not only is the word repeated several times, but the name is shown on the screen as well and they include pauses in between saying the word giving the kids and parents time to say it aloud themselves. While learning the new word the creators of Dino Lingo also show various versions of the animal, color or number. For example when they are showing a cat on the screen they are not just showing a cartoon version, but they show live versions of the animal.  They distinguish between singular and plural as well.

This program is offered in a wide variety of languages and each are just as entertaining. From the small bits that I was able to preview I think this program will really be a great tool when trying to teach the kiddos a second language or perhaps even three or four. They combine what I feel is lacking in a lot of language learning programs, the visual stimuli as well as the audio.  With the cartoon characters and the catchy music they make the learning process fun and easy to follow. 

The husband and I are looking into the German version, as well as the Spanish since we live in the South.  I look forward to using more of this program in the future and I recommend it to anyone who has children.

Want to try it out for yourself? Click the link below, enjoy! Dino Lingo - German

No comments:

Post a Comment