Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Update on Life

Well it is that time of year again, Mardi Gras has come and gone and now the Catholic tradition of Ash Wednesday and Lent begins.  Although I honestly can not say what the actual rules of Lent are as I do not celebrate it for religious reasons I can appreciate the self discipline and sacrifices that are made.  I use it more as a timeline to achieve short term goals, and this year will be no different.  This year I will be giving up all sodas and saddly ice cream and committing to at least one hour of exercise a day. This will be a challenge for the husband and I as he is giving up the same, and we both LOVE our ice cream, and I tend to lack motivation.  This year will be different!! Afterall I have a wedding dress I need to fit into by October, and that should be all the motivation I need.  I am determined to have them take in the dress not let it out.

Back tracking now...

Chris and I finally got to move in to our home on January 22, and we are still very excited about it.  Currently we are still waiting on our furniture, so the house is bare at the moment, but hopefully we should be getting our stuff in the next week or so.  We have also decided to wait until the furniture is moved in to starting decorating and making the house ours, so I am becoming a bit antsy just on that front.  Right now we are using our outdoor furniture as our living room set, and luckily we already had a dining room set and bed set, so no sleeping on the floor for us...yay!

As far as a wedding update, I honestly am starting to fall behind in the planning process, and am starting to feel the pressure.  I am trying to wrap up getting all of the addresses and finish my hand made save the dates; that my wonderful Matron of Honor helped me with, but saddly we are only half way done.  I hope to have the save the dates sent out by the end of next week.  I have tons to do, get the registries set up, schedule food tastings and cake tastings, find shoes, hair and makeup, figure out how to alter my mom's veil, so that it will work for me, and more importantly how to talk to my mom about altering her veil.  Figure out the decorations and who will be setting up the decorations, the music playlist, the candy bar, the favors oh the list goes on and on.  Annnnd, on top of all of my wedding business my good friend is having her wedding two weeks after mine and I really want to be able to help her with hers too; Not to mention I have a second friend who is in the planning process as well, thankfully hers is not for another year.

So far 2013 is proving to be a hectic, crazy, busy busy year and I look forward to seeing all that is in store for me.  Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment