Aerie - Shimmer Fragrance: Light as air blend of bergamot, peony and vanilla. Full-size $14.95 - $39.95
My Impression: This scent is not one of my preferred fragrances. This reminds me of something an older lady would wear. I prefer a dainty citrus or floral scent. When I applied the perfume to my wrists to let it meld with my body chemistry it did not get any better. The vanilla was very overwhelming. On the plus side it does have lasting power; I was able to still smell it after hours of wear, always a good thing when it comes to perfume.Amika - Obliphica Nourishing Mask: Packed with omega acids and vitamin C, this lush conditioning mask boosts shine and even helps repair split ends. Full-size $12.00 - $40.00
My Impression: I was really excited when I received this product. I have extremely thick and dry unruly hair that is prone to split ends and breakage. When I opened the packaged I was delighted by the light floral scent. Since it is a mask it is thicker than a standard conditioner and is required to stay on the hair for 3 to 5 minutes before being rinsed out. Be sure to thoroughly rinse out the mask otherwise you risk your hair being weighed down and get oily quickly. I was really impressed with the immediate results I saw after only one use. My hair remained softer for longer and there was a very noticeable sheen to my hairs complexion. Also, after I styled my hair I noticed that my hair was able to maintain the style for longer as well. Not to mention my hair smelled wonderful too!Lashem - Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum: Made with nourishing goji berry extracts and fortifying biotin, this derm-approved gel gives you longer, lusher lashes with no irritation. Full-size $70.00
My Impression: I was intrigued when I saw this in my box, as I have sparse lashes and am always in the market to make them look fuller. I generally try to make my lashes seem fuller with mascara products, but what better way to get fuller lashes than by actually producing more lashes. So far after about 2 weeks of using this I have not seen any changes in my current lashes.TheBalm Cosmetics - Mary-Lou Manizer: Play up your best features with this three in one highlighter, shadow and all over shimmer. Full-size $24.00
My Impression: I really enjoy this product, for me I use it more as a shadow versus an all over shimmer or highlighter. It has great coverage and it gives just enough shimmer for a softer more natural look. I pair it up with my darker shadows just to take a little bit of the edge off and it really brightens up my eyes and helps them pop. I imagine it would work just as well if you were to use a little on your cheekbones.Chuao Chocolatier - Chuao Chocolatier Assorted Chuao Pods: Instead of settling for plain ol’ milk chocolate, we’re satiating those cravings with these decadent treats, which are handcraft from Chuao’s premium house blend . This set of miniature bars includes exotic flavors that will knock you off your fuzzy-slippered feet (in a good way). Full-size $7.95 per pack of 7
I had mixed feelings with this month's box. Upon first arrival I was not thrilled at all, the chocolate left something to be desired, the highlighter was at first the only memorable item, until I tried out the hair mask which is now my favorite and can not wait to purchase a big jar of it, but as far as the lash serum I have not seen any results and I rarely like the perfumes sampled. Hopefully BB will step it up next month and start off the new year with a bang!My Impression: I as most women do absolutely LOVE chocolate, and I like trying new types, so this was right up my ally. I was expecting to get the maple bacon covered chuao pod, and was actually a little disappointed when I received the Spicy Maya (a spicy blend of pasilla chile, cinnamon, and cayenne in dark chocolate). Nevertheless I tried it out anyways. I liked the hint of spice you got as an after taste, but I am not a big dark chocolate fan and it didn't really melt in my mouth like milk and white chocolate do. It does give good flavor and I would be willing to try the entire line. Each pack you purchase comes with 7 pods, one in each of the flavors. All in all I would have preferred to try the bacon one ;)
Birchbox is the best way to discover new beauty, grooming and lifestyle products. Join to receive monthly deliveries of top product samples from high-end brands. Join Now!
No comments:
Post a Comment